Welcome to the webpage for Prince George’s County’s premier Youth@Work/Summer Youth Enrichment Program (SYEP)!
County residents who are between the ages of 14 and 22 years old on July 1, 2019 have an opportunity to participate in FREE career development, life-skills training and job training sponsored by Prince George's Community College. Youth are eligible to participate in SYEP twice, or up to the age of 19. Returning students are eligible for Career Pathways for Second Year Students.
The application for Summer employment is now Open.
Students completing Job Readiness Training, Career Pathways, or fulfilling the requirements for the Alternative Attendance Option will receive employment placement preference, IF they apply for the Service Aide position with the Prince George's County Government. The application is open from February 1 – March 22, 2019. Apply Now!
Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Voice and email messages from youth receive the highest priority. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to inquiries from parents and other third parties.
Youth may contact the Youth@Work/SYEP Training Office at
If there is no answer leave a message and expect a return call within 48 hours. No parents please.
Call the Help Desk at 301-546-0637 for problems with login and passwords
Parents, click the image above for more information.
Students in the Youth@Work/SYEP Job Training Programs are 100% responsible for 100% of the tasks related to their enrollment, attendance, assignments, and application for employment.
- You are 14 or no older than 22 on July 1, 2019.
- You are a resident of Prince George’s County.
- You are available to attend classes as scheduled.
- You read and write at a 4th – 8th grade level.
- Register for class. Locate and follow the 10 Simple Steps for Registration on the menu to the left.
- First year students will register for Job Readiness Training (JCL 530 or JCL 531) or the alternative attendance option (JCL 529).
- Returning students use the course codes for Career Pathways (YAW ---).
- Keep track of your PGCC issued ID number and user name.
- Check your personal email account for updates. We will contact you through email to confirm the location and time of your classes.
- Create a reminder to show up at the right place and time on the first day.
Students are expected to participate in all aspects of the Youth@Work Program. Students who require academic accommodations must contact us immediately at 301-546-1580. Reasonable accommodations must be requested 30 days prior to the first day of class.