Are you ready to move up the career ladder from a GNA? The Certified Medicine Aide uses certified methods of dispensing medications to residents in long-term care facilities in the State of Maryland.
About the Medicine Aide Program:
- Learn to recognize, prepare, administer and chart specific medications to clients in MD long-term care facilities.
- Open to GNAs working in MD nursing homes with proof of 1 year full-time work experience.
- Must present letter of recommendation from current Director of Nursing.
- Must be in good standing with MD Board of Nursing.
- Theory and Clinical included in Program cost and schedule
- Quality training in less than 2 months
- Flexible schedule
- Competitive pricing
- Arithmetic placement test needed for entry
- Note: This program is not for Medication Technicians.
HES-325 Medicine Aide
For Certified Geriatric Nursing Assistants with one year's experience currently employed in a Maryland nursing home and on the Maryland Board of Nursing registry. Employment through an agency does not meet course requirement. (Please bring documentation to first class.) Learn about the recognition, safe preparation, and administration of medications. The course onsists of theory and supervised clinical experience at area nursing homes. Refund policy does not apply to this course. 18 sessions, $830* (includes a $165 lab fee)
58313 TTh 1/22-3/14 5:30-9:30 p.m. Largo S 2/23-3/9 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Largo
We also offer the 8 hour Medicine Aide Update course for certification renewal.
HES-365 Nursing Home Medicine Aide Update 0.8 CEU
Course provides continuing education update required by the State of Maryland for renewal of medicine aide's certificate. Students must attend all sessions. Students may only register up to 2 months before or one month after their birthday. Students must be listed on the Maryland Board of Nursing registry as "Active"; have a letter from the Director of Nursing when registering which shows proof of 100-hours of employment as a Certified Medicine Aide (CMA) within last two years and eight hours as Geriatric Nursing Assistance (GNA). 1 session, $90*
58315 S 2/16-2/16 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Largo
58316 S 3/16-3/16 8:30 a.m.-5p.m. Largo
58317 S 4/20-4/20 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Largo
58318 S 5/18-5/18 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Largo