Social Media is best understood as a group of new kinds of online media.People joinng a social network usually create a profile and then build a network by connecting to friends and contacts in the network, or by inviting real-world contacts and friends to join the social network.
Everyone is going social and you can too! Click Here - Experience the Social Media Revolution .
What is Social Media?
- Participation: encourages contributions and feedback from everyone who is interested;
- Openness: most social media services are open to feedback and participation;
- Conversation: social media is better seen as a two-way conversation;
- Community: social media allows communities to form quickly and communicate effectively and
- Connectedness: social media thrives on their connectedness, making use of links to other sites, resources and people.
What are the Benefits of our program?
With the click of a few buttons and a simple marketing strategy, you can turn the social media outlets you use each day into platforms for your message.
- Prerequisite: Establish an email account.
- Get beginners and advanced lessons on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Learn how to manage your internet settings to meet your needs and protect your information.
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of using social media for business and strategies that will help you promote yourself or your service.
Note: This course is not offered every semester - please call for details.