Social Media is best understood as a group of new kinds of online media.People joinng a social network usually create a profile and then build a network by connecting to friends and contacts in the network, or by inviting real-world contacts and friends to join the social network.
Everyone is going social and you can too! Click Here - Experience the Social Media Revolution 2012.
What is Social Media?
- Participation: encourages contributions and feedback from everyone who is interested;
- Openness: most social media services are open to feedback and participation;
- Conversation: social media is better seen as a two-way conversation;
- Community: social media allows communities to form quickly and communicate effectively and
- Connectedness: social media thrives on their connectedness, making use of links to other sites, resources and people.
What are the Benefits of our program?
With the click of a few buttons and a simple marketing strategy, you can turn the social media outlets you use each day into platforms for your message.
- Prerequisite: Establish an email account.
- Get beginners and advanced lessons on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Learn how to manage your internet settings to meet your needs and protect your information.
- Learn the do’s and don’ts of using social media for business and strategies that will help you promote yourself or your service.
Register Now to Participate in the Social Revolution!
Online registration is available to all Continuing Education students. Simply to the college website:
click on Owl Link;
then Workforce Development and
Continuing Education Students;
Enroll and register for courses.
2 Walk-in .
In-person registration takes place on a continuous basis at the admissions, records and registration area located in Bladen Hall, Room 126.
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-8:00pm
Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00
You may also register at the University Town Center
6505 Belcrest Rd., Suite 200, Hyattsville, MD 20782
or at Laurel College Center, 312 Marshall Ave.,
Laurel, MD 20707