Pharmacy technicians help licensed pharmacists dispense medication. Technicians work in pharmacies, including those found in grocery and drug stores, and hospitals on a full or part-time basis. This five-month program, including 160 hours of clinical experience is approved by the Maryland Board of Pharmacy and results in Maryland state certification. This program also prepares students for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board Exam (PTCE) for national certification.
- HES 332 - Pharmacy Technician Tuition: $945
- HES 529 - Pharmacy Technician Clinical Pt. 1 Tuition: $125
- HES 530 - Pharmacy Technician Clinical Pt. 2 Tuition: $125
Highlights of the Program:
- Competitively priced
- Offered in the Spring and Fall semesters
- Small - evening classes with on-site lab
- Job opportunities are expected to increase by 24% from 2010 to 2020.
- Many technicians work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- 54% of all jobs are in pharmacies and drug stores.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Have access to the Internet
- Have a working e-mail address
- Have an OWL Link account
- Background and drug screening are required prior to clinical
Prior to participation, provide proof of successful completion of Algebra and Reading via:
- Accuplacer Elementary Algebra Placement Testing: minimum score 82%
- Accuplacer Reading Comprehension Placement Testing: minimum score 65%
- HES 577 - Medical Math: minimum score 75%
- DVM-0070 - Introductory Algebra
- Unofficial College transcript (math completion within 2 years)
Note: For Accuplacer Testing: Provide a completed Placement Test Referral form; following testing, bring documents to CHS 2401.
Free Orientations: Attend an exciting pharmacy orientation to receive additional details and resources.
- Pharmacy Technician Orientation 6/23 Syn: 77710 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Monday
- Pharmacy Technician Orientation 7/28 Syn: 77712 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Monday
- Pharmacy Technician Orientation 11/17 Syn: 81839 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Monday
- Pharmacy Technician Orientation 12/15 Syn: 81840 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Monday
- Pharmacy Technician Orientation 1/12 Syn: 81841 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. Monday
Fall Schedule of Classes: All classes are held in the Center for Health Studies Bldg. Room 2101
- Pharmacy Technician 8/26 - 12/11 Syn: 81815 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. T/Th $945
- Pharmacy Technician Clinical Pt. 1 1/12 - 3/13 Syn: 82480 MTWThF $125
- Pharmacy Technician Clinical Pt. 2 1/12 - 3/13 Syn: 82481 MTWThF $125
Scholarships applicants must meet eligibility requirements.
Get Started on a Rewarding Career as a Pharmacy Technician Today !