Our main objective is to train and test student drivers to obtain a Class-A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). At completion, students will be licensed to drive all commercial Class A and B trucks, e.g. tractor-trailer, cement and dump trucks, and utility vehicles. Other endorsements such as Hazmat, Tanker, and Double and Triple Trailer can be added later or at time of obtaining learner’s permit.
Licensing & Certification Preparation, Commercial Driver License: Class A & B
According to the US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, overall employment of truck drivers and driver/sales workers is expected to grow 9 percent over the 2008–18 decade. Because it is a large occupation, 291,900 new jobs will be created over the 2008 - 2018 period. That means excellent employment opportunities for you as a tractor-trailer or smaller commercial vehicle driver!
We offer programs for both Class A (tractor-trailer) and class B (straight trucks, buses, dump and concrete mixer trucks, and utility vehicles) licensing. Courses include classroom instruction, hands-on training, license testing, and job placement assistance.
Class A Admission Requirements:
A student must:
1) Be 21 years of age;
2) Possess a valid Non-Provisional Driver’s License from Maryland; ]
3) Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen
4) Obtain a CDL Class A Learner’s Permit from the state in which they are currently licensed.
Note: Currently, only MD licensed drivers will be accepted in the CDL Class A licensing program.
Class B Admission Requirements:
A student must:
1) Be 18 years of age or 21 for the District of Columbia;
2) Possess a valid Non-Provisional driver’s license from either Maryland, Virginia, or DC;
3) Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen;
4) Obtain a CDL Class B Learner’s Permit from the state in which they are currently licensed.