Prince George’s County’s premier Youth@Work/Summer Youth Enrichment Program (SYEP) 2015 is here! Young people between the ages of 15 and 19 years old across the County will have an opportunity to participate in career development, life-skills training and job training sponsored by Prince George's Community College.
AS A RESULT OF THIS TRAINING (JCL 525) STUDENTS WILL:
- Demonstrate the ability to behave ethically in the workplace.
- Demonstrates appropriate customer service skills in a business setting.
- Discuss their skills and abilities with clarity and confidence.
- Demonstrate a willingness to resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Function as a productive member of a workplace team.
- Earn a certificate from the Center for Work Ethic.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR STUDENT OPENS JANUARY 5, 2015
This course is designed to provide youthful job seekers with the skills
needed to retain employment. The course focuses on seven basic skills that
enhance ethical performance in the workplace. There is an emphasis on the
following skills: attitude, appearance, appreciation, accountability,
attendance, ambition, and acceptance.
Youth@Work students must
register for classes online.Click herefor
detailed online registration instructions.Click here to view "10
Simple Steps to Registration. Registration for job readiness
training will remain open until March 13, 2015. 4 sessions, classes meet every other Saturdays
SIX LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY
- Crossland High School, 6901 Temple Hill Road, Temple Hills, MD 20748
- Parkdale High School, 6001 Good Luck Road, Riverdale, MD 20737
- Central High School, 200 Cabin Branch Road, Capitol Heights, MD 20743
- Largo High School, 505 Largo Road, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- Suitland High School, 5200 Silver Hill Road, District Heights, MD 20747
- High Point High School, 3601 Powder Mill Road, Beltsville, MD 20705
Click here to download SCHEDULE OPTIONS
Please be mindful that successful completion requires four face to face classes, four online classes, and the completion of a computer based assessment. Students should choose a schedule based on their preferred location using the table below.
Please note: Students failing to attend the first session will be administratively withdrawn from the class.
Click here to download Blackboard Instructions
STUDENT ACADEMIC ACCOMMODATIONS
are expected to participate in all aspects of the Youth@Work Program.
Students who require academic accommodations must contact us immediately at
301-583-1580. Reasonable accommodations must be requested prior to the
first day of class:
- January 31 - notify by Monday January 26, 2015
- February 7 - notify by Monday January 26, 2015
- February 21 - notify by Monday February 2, 2015
- March 14 - notify by Monday February 2, 2015
In the case of inclement weather, Youth@Work
will follow the procedures for Prince George’s County Public Schools.
Sign up for notifications at http://www1.pgcps.org/weather,
or check your local news stations for updates.
This robust and exciting initiative is collaboration: