The Computer Science transfer program includes two A.S. degree choices - Computer Science and the Information Science Option. Students are encouraged to see an advisor to select correct transfer courses because transfer requirements change periodically.
Learning Foundations Overall Requirements
- All students must read English at an acceptable level in order to begin college-level courses. The college assesses two levels of reading proficiency as shown below. Both must be satisfied in order to enroll in college-level classes.
- Meet a basic reading standard by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0051 or ESL-0105, or by exemption due to prior college coursework.
- Meet college-level reading standards by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0061 DVR-0071 or ESL-0106, or by exemption as a result of prior college coursework.
- The college assesses English writing proficiency at three levels as a prerequisite to enrollment in EGL-1010, the first college-level writing course. Those three levels are outlined below.
- Meet the minimum English proficiency requirement by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0009 or ESL-0102 or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet intermediate level English proficiency requirements by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0011 or ESL-0201, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet pre-college level English requirements by placement exam score, by completing EGL-0100 or ESL-0202, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- All students must satisfy the college's requirement for a solid foundation in mathematics. Students can document this foundation either with satisfactory placement test scores, with an exemption posted as a result of courses taken elsewhere, or with satisfactory performance in one or more developmental mathematics courses. In addition, all students must complete either PAS-1010 or PAS-1030 along with their first developmental math course.
- Meet the most basic arithmetic requirement by completing DLS-0011 or a satisfactory score on the placement test.
- Meet prealgebra requirements by completing DVM-0031 or with a satisfactory placement test score.
- Meet elementary algebra requirements by completing DVM-0071 or achieving a satisfactory placement score.
- Meet intermediate algebra requirements by completing MAT-0104 or by achieving a satisfactory placment test score.
- Complete either PAS-1010 or PAS-1030 in the same semester you take DVM-0031.
General Education - English Composition
General Education - Speech
General Education - Humanities Literature
- Complete one literature course. Select from: EGL-2010, 2030, 2050, 2070, 2090, 2110, 2130, 2140, 2170, 2210, 2230, 2250, 2290, 2320, 2330, 2370, 2390, 2410, 2430, 2440, 2500 or 2600.
General Education - Humanities
Generel Education Math Requirement
General Education - Lab Science
- Complete a 4-credit science course from the following: BIO-1010,1020,1080,1100,1110/1120,1130,1140,2050,2060,2100, CHM-1010,1020/1030, GEO-1010/1020, PHY-1010,1020,1570, PSC-1010/1020, 1050/1060, 1150, 1200, 1210
General Education - Science
- Complete one science course (3-4 credits) from BIO-1010,1020,1080,1100,1110,1130,1140,2050,2060,2100; CHM-1010,1020; GEO-1010; HRT-1010; NTR-1010,1100; PHY-1010,1020,1030,1570; PSC-1010,1050,1070,1150,1200,1210.
General Education - Social Sciences
- Complete two courses from two DIFFERENT subject areas in Social Sciences. Select from the following: ANT-1010, 1030; ECN-1010, 1030, 1040; GEO-1000, 1010; HST-1310, 1320, 1370, 1410, 1430, 1510, 1530, 2160, 2230, 2470; POS-1000, 1010, 1020; PSY-1010, 2010, 2030, 2040, 2070, 2080, 2130,2190; SOC-1010, 1020; WMS-1010.
General Electives - 6 Credits
- Complete 6-8 credit hours of general electives selecting courses at the 1000 or 2000 level. PED courses may not be used to satisfy this requirement.
Computer Science Concentration