EMT's who wish to obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse should select this petitioner program for admission to the college.
Learning Foundations Overall Requirements
- All students must read English at an acceptable level in order to begin college-level courses. The college assesses two levels of reading proficiency as shown below. Both must be satisfied in order to enroll in college-level classes.
- Meet a basic reading standard by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0051 or ESL-0105, or by exemption due to prior college coursework.
- Meet college-level reading standards by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0061 DVR-0071 or ESL-0106, or by exemption as a result of prior college coursework.
- The college assesses English writing proficiency at three levels as a prerequisite to enrollment in EGL-1010, the first college-level writing course. Those three levels are outlined below.
- Meet the minimum English proficiency requirement by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0009 or ESL-0102 or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet intermediate level English proficiency requirements by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0011 or ESL-0201, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet pre-college level English requirements by placement exam score, by completing EGL-0100 or ESL-0202, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- All students must satisfy the college's requirement for a solid foundation in mathematics. Students can document this foundation either with satisfactory placement test scores, with an exemption posted as a result of courses taken elsewhere, or with satisfactory performance in one or more developmental mathematics courses. In addition, all students must complete either PAS-1010 or PAS-1030 along with their first developmental math course.
- Meet the most basic arithmetic requirement by completing DLS-0011 or a satisfactory score on the placement test.
- Meet prealgebra requirements by completing DVM-0031 or with a satisfactory placement test score.
- Meet elementary algebra requirements by completing DVM-0071 or achieving a satisfactory placement score.
- Meet intermediate algebra requirements by completing MAT-0104 or by achieving a satisfactory placment test score.
- You must take PAS-1030 during the same semester you take DVM-0031.
Nursing Petitioner (not Admitted to Nursing)
- Complete EGL-1010, PSY-1010, BIO-1010, BIO-2050, BIO-2060, BIO-2010, and MAT-1120 or higher level Math. You must earn grades of C or better in all courses listed with a GPA calculated using just these courses of 2.50 or better.
- EGL-1010,PSY-1010,BIO-1010 BIO-2050&2060, BIO-2010
- Complete a General Education Speech course, SOC-1010, a Liberal Arts Humanities Course (see catalog), and one course from EGL-1020, 1100, 1320, or 1340.
- Take a SPH general education course,
- EGL-1020, 1100, 1320 OR 1340
Messge to Nursing Petitioners
- Completion of the courses listed does not guarantee admission to any nursing program. See an advisor for more complete information.