The Marketing Management program at Prince George's Community College helps students develop the methods, tools, techniques and management skills needed for success in marketing, which involves the distribution of goods and services. These skills have broad applications in private organizations as well as in government and nonprofit organizations. Graduates may get jobs in retailing, inventory control, transportation, warehousing, advertising or selling. The courses required for the Marketing Management Certificate may be applied to the Associate of Applied Science degree in Marketing Management.
Learning Foundations Overall Requirements
- All students must read English at an acceptable level in order to begin college-level courses. The college assesses two levels of reading proficiency as shown below. Both must be satisfied in order to enroll in college-level classes.
- Meet a basic reading standard by placement exam score by taking DVR-0051 or ESL-0105, or by exemption due to prior college coursework.
- Meet college-level reading standards by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0061 DVR-0071 or ESL-0106, or by exemption as a result of prior college coursework.
- The college assesses English writing proficiency at three levels as a prerequisite to enrollment in EGL-1010, the first college-level writing course. Those three levels are outlined below.
- Meet the minimum English proficiency requirement by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0009 or ESL-0102 or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet intermediate level English proficiency requirements by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0011 or ESL-0201, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet pre-college level English requirements by placement exam score, by completing EGL-0100 or ESL-0202, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- All students must satisfy the college's requirement for a solid foundation in mathematics. Students can document this foundation either with satisfactory placement test scores, with an exemption posted as a result of courses taken elsewhere, or with satisfactory performance in one or more developmental mathematics courses. In addition, all students must complete either PAS-1010 or PAS-1030 along with their first developmental math course.
- Meet the most basic arithmetic requirement by completing DLS-0011 or a satisfactory score on the placement test.
- Meet prealgebra requirements by completing DVM-0031 or with a satisfactory placement test score.
- Meet elementary algebra requirements by completing DVM-0071 or achieving a satisfactory placement score.
- Meet intermediate algebra requirements by completing MAT-0104 or by achieving a satisfactory placment test score.
- Complete either PAS-1010 or PAS-1030 in the same semester you take DVM-0031.
General Education - English Composition
General Education - Humanities Speech
General Education - Mathematics
- Complete 6 credit hours in mathematics from the following: MAT-1120, 1130, 1140, 1160, 1190, 1340, 1350, 1360, 1370, 2160, 2170, 2210, 2410 or higher level course.
General Education - Science
- Complete one science course (3-4 credits) from BIO-1010,1020,1080,1100,1110,1130,1140,2050,2060,2100; CHM-1010,1020; GEO-1010; HRT-1010; NTR-1010,1100; PHY-1010,1020,1030,1570; PSC-1010,1050,1070,1150,1200,1210.
General Education - Social Sciences (A.A.S.)
- Complete 1 Social Science course from the following list: ANT-1010, 1030; ECN-1010, 1030, 1040; GEO-1000, 1010; HST-1310, 1320, 1370, 1410, 1430, 1510, 1530, 2160, 2230, 2470; POS-1000, 1010, 1020; PSY-1010, 2010, 2030, 2040, 2070, 2080, 2160, 2190; SOC-1010, 2010; WMS-1010.
General Education - Information Technology
Marketing Management (A.A.S.)
- Complete the following required program courses:
- Complete ACC-1010 or ACC-1030.
- Complete 6 credits of Marketing-related electives from the following: ACC-1020, 1030, 1040; BUS-1240; CAP-1310; BMT-1500, 1550, 1570, 1600, 1800, 2500, 2510, 2520, 2530, 2540, 2550, 2580, 2590, 2610, 2630, 2650, 2660, 2700, 2750, 2910, 2920, 2930; BMK-2910, 2920, 2930; PHL-1400; BRE-1030.