Alert Icon Default Alert

On Monday, May 9, 2016 the online admissions application will be unavailable as we complete an upgrade. If you need to complete an application on May 9, please visit one of our campuses.

International Student Advising

  • Advising is available to non-U.S. citizens, including those holding F-1, J-1, H-4 visas and asylees. Academic Advisors provide information and assistance to all international students with concerns regarding:

    • Admissions procedures
    • Academic advising
    • Immigration regulations
    • Overseas transcript evaluation services
    • ESL classes
    • Transfer procedures to other colleges and universities

    Academic advisors will assist students in determining program requirements, educational options, transfer information, test interpretation and course placement as well as:

    • Orientation for new students
    • Placement test information and interpretation
    • Registration for classes
    • Curriculum changes
    • Changes in your class schedule
    • Balance between work and class schedule
    • Unofficial review of graduation requirements
    • Individual academic advising 

    Information is also provided on non-academic matters such as: obtaining a driver’s license, applying for a Social Security Card, opening a Bank Account, applying for work authorization and finding on-campus employment.

    Admissions and Registration Process for International Students click here. 
    Frequently Asked Questions | Glossary of Advising Terms | e-Mail an advisor