According to the
US Department of Labor, "General maintenance and repair workers fix and maintain machines, mechanical equipment, and buildings. They paint, repair flooring, and work on plumbing, electrical, and air-conditioning and heating systems. General maintenance and repair workers often carry out many different tasks in a single day. They could work at any number of indoor or outdoor locations. They may work inside a single building, such as a hotel or hospital, or be responsible for the maintenance of many buildings, such as those in an apartment complex or on a college campus."
Prepare for a career as a Building Maintenance Engineer with our Continuing Education Certificate! To earn the certificate:
The Building Maintenance Engineer program is offered at the Skilled Trades Center, 6400 Old Branch Ave., Camp Springs, MD 20748.
- You must complete two courses, OCU-404 and OCU-402.
- Each course is one semester in length.
- You can take the courses during the same semester, if you want.
- You must take Level 1 before, or at the same time, you take Level 2.
How to Register:
- Click here to see the latest Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
- See the Index for the course(s) you are interested in.
- Note the class schedule, dates, times and cost.
- Follow the registration directions on the inside front cover of the schedule.