NEW Certified Personal Trainer Course with Test Voucher included!
Register Today for one of the hottest growing professions in North America.
Get all the important information needed to start an exciting successful fitness career and become a Certified Personal Trainer. This challenging course is for candidates wanting face-to-face instruction with in-depth, hands-on practical labs to master the career skills and knowledge. Employers like 24 Hour Fitness, LA Fitness and Gold's Gym are just a few of the club groups who seek out our graduates.
This course is offered through a partnership with World Instructor Training Schools (W.I.T.S.), the only major certifying body in the country providing comprehensive practical training and internship components. W.I.T.S. is an approved CEU provider for the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers, the American Occupational Therapy Association, Veterans Training and Education, the International Association for Continuing Education and Training and the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
HES-451 Personal Trainer National Certification
This 30-hour course consists of lecture on key topics like bio-mechanics, exercise physiology, fitness testing, equipment usage and health assessments. The best part of the course is the 15 hours of hands-on practical training labs. You will role play with assessing clients, programming, performing proper exercises, presentation skills and more. W.I.T.S. veteran teachers share all the do's and don'ts in working with clients.
- Must be at least 18 years of age before the start date of the class.
- Must take the Accuplacer reading comprehension placement test and obtain a score of 45 or higher OR provide proof of college credits.
- Textbook required: Fitness Professional's Handbook with web resources, 7th ed. ISBN-13: 9781492523376
- Pass both the written and practical examinations.
- Present your current CPR/AED certificate to W.I.T.S. instructor.
Students who successfully complete HES 451 are eligible for Level 1 and Level 2 certification.
To earn a Level 1 Personal Trainer National Certificate (3.0 CEUs) students must:
- Attend all class sessions.
- Hold active CPR/AED certification prior to taking the exams.
- Pass the written and the practical exam.
To earn a Level 2 Personal Trainer National Certificate (3.0 CEUs), students must
- Successfully complete Level 1, including passing both exams.
- Document proof of completion of a 30-hour internship at a fitness facility.
- Maintain active CPR/AED Certification.
Level 2 is included in our HES 451 course; there is no additional tuition. A list of area participating facilities is provided to students who complete Level 1 certification.
Visit the W.I.T.S. website at www.witseducation.com or call 1-888-330-9487 for more information on program requirements.