The SHRM Essentials of Human
Resources is an introductory course offering a comprehensive overview of the
key aspects of HR. It gives participants foundational knowledge and an
introduction to behavioral competencies that are essential for business success.
This course is ideal for those who are just starting out in the human resources
profession, or those who are looking for an effective way to boost their
employee management skills.
WHY ENROLL IN OUR COURSE?
Our course provides foundational HR knowledge and an introduction to behavioral competencies essential for business success.
This program is designed to benefit new or entry-level HR professionals, and those for whom HR knowledge is vital, including: small business owners, office managers, representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services, international HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices, and job-seekers who are exploring HR.
Here's what you gain from our course:
- Foundational knowledge about recruiting, hiring, performance management, compensation, and their legal impact.
- Introduction to behavioral competencies to improve your judgment and decision-making.
- Tools and resources to improve your job performance.
Plus, this course will provide an initial introduction to the SHRM BoCK , upon SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification is built.
We proudly partner with SHRM, the world's largest HR association and a driving force behind the advancement of the HR profession. Be confident knowing our course was developed according to the highest quality standards by leading HR experts and legal counsel.
BENEFITS OF THE TRAINING
Benefits for employees
Through the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course, participants will gain :
- Practical expertise that can immediately impact job performance.
- A strong foundation of HR knowledge and competencies to become a better business person.
- An understanding of the latest laws and regulations
to help reduce the risk of costly litigation.
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) or
recertification credit hours
and a certificate upon completion.
Benefits for Employer
The SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course can help
companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success.
- Reduces the company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-Human
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental
supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within the company.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR Basics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides a solid foundation in human resource managment and is effective training across multiple job resbonsibilities and career paths
and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base
- Small business owners
or office managers who
perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to
learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation
- New or
experienced managers interested in learning more about employee
selling or supporting HR systems and services
HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR
- Job seekers
are investigating HR as a new career option or want to enhance their resume
with HR skills
There are no eligibility requirements.
COURSE DETAILS AND OPTIONS
Prince George's Community College courses are specifically tailored to meet the
needs of adult learners. Courses are taught by SHRM-certified instructors
experienced in the HR field. Students will be expected to complete all assigned
readings; and activities prior to each class.
Apr. 09 - May.14, 2018
- Course Number: 28060
- Day: Monday
- Time: 6:00 PM - 9:30 PM
- Location: Largo Campus
TUITION: $540 (includes a $245 lab fee to cover your training materials)
- Print Materials (Reference Book, Activities Book)
- Interactive Software
Interested in training your
Ask about volume discounts or
offering a program at your location. Contact Ms. Gnansi Konan at 301-546-0032 or email@example.com.
The Essentials Learning System is comprised of 6 modules of study. The module
content is embedded online, available in downloadable e-reader format, and in
- Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills forattracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and
Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and
- Performance Management. Discover the purpose
and process for performance evaluation.
- Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
or HR Information
SHRM Learning System