Embark on a new career!
Become a valued member of the Physical Therapy Team as a Physical Therapy Aide. Physical Therapy Aides provide vital healthcare assistance to patients needing therapeutic treatment to restore strength and mobility. According to the Occupational Handbook, between 2014 and 2024 the demand for Physical therapy aides (PTA) is expected to grow 40 percent faster than the average for all occupations.
The Physical Therapy Aide program provides entry-level access to a growing healthcare field for individuals who desire to pursue a career in Physical Therapy. This two-part program is provided in an convenient online format with classroom training in clinical essentials, followed by a 52 hour on-site clinical experience.
Act on it! Take control with training that prepares you for a career in Physical Therapy.
This is the profile of a person who will be successful as a physical therapy aide:
- Listens well
- Communicates well
- Enjoys helping others
- Works well with others
- Has basic computer skills
- Is caring and compassionate
- Is responsible and conscientious
- Reads and understands English
- Has physical dexterity and perhaps swims
Program Requirements: Successfully Complete:
- HES 492 - Become a Physical Therapy Aide (online course)
- HES 493 - Physical Therapy Aide Clinical
Prerequisites for Clinical
Note: Bring copies of HS diploma/equiv., reading test report and CPR card to the Center for Health Studies (CHS) Building, Room 2401, for verification.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possess HS diploma or equivalent
- May require TB skin test and Tetanus immunizations
- Pass the Accuplacer Reading Comprehension test - score 65+
- Note: Bring a completed Placement Test Referral Form to testing center
- Successfully complete CPR for the Healthcare Provider course
- Bring a copy of your updated Resume to the first class
- Must pass HES 492 with a score of 75+ on the first attempt
Schedule for Fall 2017
||9/13 - 11/3
||Online via Ed2go
||11/7 - 11/14
||11/21 - 1/13
|To register for the online course HES 492 - Become a Physical Therapy Aide, start here:
- Review procedures for registering for an online Ed2go class here
- Click More, under ed2go, for registration steps (or click here)
For clinical participation in HES 493 - Physical Therapy Aide Clinical, start here:
- Successfully complete HES 492
- Complete CPR for Healthcare Provider course (HES 344)
- Register for HES 493 - Physical Therapy Aide Clinical