Community Health Workers (CHWs) are integral members of the healthcare team. They serve as a liaison between healthcare providers, social services, and the community to facilitate access to services and address issues that create barriers in healthcare delivery. CHWs provide care, education, support,
follow-up, resources and referrals in community settings such as homes and neighborhoods. As a patient advocate, CHWs work in hospitals, clinics, and social settings to support progress in care-planning, access, and patient wellness. CHWs enjoy high job satisfaction and are in great demand.
Community Health Workers are in great demand. Click Here to View the Fall Schedule
1. Review PreAccuplacer Video and print Certificate of Completion.
Before taking the Accuplacer Reading Comprehension test, you should prepare. We have several resources available to assist you:
- Visit the library reference desk, located in Accokeek Hall, and ask for a guest login to use the Accuplacer Prep resources for Reading Comprehension
- Request to enroll in the online Test Prep program - (contact us for details).
- Use the Reading Resources located on the Student Assessment Center's website
2. New students must register to set up an Owl Link account.
3. Bring a picture ID, Certificate of Completion, and a Placement Test Referral form to the testing office.
4. After testing, bring results and a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalent to the Center for Health Studies building, Room 2401 for verification.