Community Health Workers (CHWs) are integral members of the healthcare team. They serve as a liaison between healthcare providers, social services, and the community to facilitate access to services and address issues that create barriers in healthcare delivery. CHWs provide care, education, support,
follow-up, resources and referrals in community settings such as homes and neighborhoods. As a patient advocate, CHWs work in hospitals, clinics, and social settings to support progress in care-planning, access, and patient wellness. CHWs enjoy high job satisfaction and are in great demand.
Community Health Workers are in great demand. Please Click to review program details and the Spring schedule.
1. Review PreAccuplacer Video and print Certificate of Completion.
2. New students must register to set up an Owl Link account.
3. Prepare for the Reading comprehension placement test by visiting the Student Assessment Center's website and use the resources listed.
4. Bring a picture ID, Certificate of Completion, and a Placement Test Referral form to the testing office.
5. After testing, bring results and a copy of your High School Diploma or equivalent to the Center for Health Studies building, Room 2401 for verification.
6. A Professional Education Scholarship is available. Please complete the application and submit before the deadline.