Prince George’s Community College has partnered with the PepsiCo Foundation to support Black and Hispanic students through the Uplift Scholarship program.
This program provides scholarships, coaching, and job placement assistance to help students achieve greater academic success and ultimately obtain jobs in high-demand career fields by increasing access and removing barriers.
Criteria to Apply
Students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Identify as an African American, Black, Hispanic, or Latino student
- Have unmet financial need, as demonstrated by a completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Maryland State Financial Aid Application (MSFAA)
- Be enrolled in one of the specified courses or program
- Be able to work in the U.S. full-time
- Provide at least one letter of recommendation (optional)
- Complete a brief application
In order to remain eligible after the first year of participation, students must:
- Maintain an overall GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (if enrolled in credit programs)
- Complete at least two classes during the academic year (credit or continuing education)
Eligible Courses and Programs
- Choose question
Scholarship recipients share the impact of the Pepsico Foundation Uplift Scholarship Program on their college experience.