Mediation is a process in which a neutral third party helps people in disputes to communicate and understand one another and to reach an agreement that is mutually satisfactory. Mediators do not make decisions for disputing parties, but instead provide and/or recommend terms for agreement.
Our Basic Mediation 40-hour training program meets the State of Maryland Requirements for Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office (MACRO).
- the language of mediation and the theory, goals, and application of mediation methodologies
- interactive participation in simulated cases, exercises and role plays
- skills to assist parties in overcoming barriers in a dispute process
- the roles of attorneys and clients in mediation
- ethical responsibility of the mediator; strategies to deal with difficult people, power balances and cultural sensitivity
LAW-510 Basic Mediation
Visit Owl Link to see our course options online.
- Choose question