Celebrating 65 Years
PGCC is celebrating its 65th anniversary as a prominent regional leader in education and empowerment for Prince George’s County residents. The College was established in 1958 and became the first educational institution to integrate in Prince George's County, with classes held at Suitland High School in Forestville, MD, for a total count of 185 students.
Growth and Expansion
PGCC relocated and opened its Largo campus in 1968. In the following years, the College experienced rapid growth, ultimately providing service to over 40,000 students. To better serve its growing student population, the College expanded and opened a secondary location on Joint Base Andrews and the following additional sites: Laurel College Center, Skilled Trades Center, and University Town Center.