Go above and beyond in your studies.
The Honors Program is open to hardworking, intellectually curious students who want to grow as thinkers and as leaders.
You will work with challenging material and apply what you learn on campus and within the community.
Benefits of Being an Honors Student
Being an Honors Student can enhance your college experience, your social life, and your future. It may also lead to additional financial support and allow you to participate in Honors-related events.
Honors Courses, Curriculum, and Activities
Honors classes are exciting courses where instructors encourage knowledge sharing. Students learn to think independently and see the world in new ways. Instructors and advisors are on hand to answer your questions, and conversations with your Honors peers help expand your horizons.
We encourage part-time and full-time students who have a 3.2 cumulative grade-point average to apply to the Honors Program, no matter what they want to study. We consider both your college placement examination and high school or college grade point GPA as part of our acceptance process.
Interested in Applying?
We accept applications all year round. Find out what you need to do to join the Honors Program and complete the Honors Program Application today.
Open up new possibilities for a career, a four-year degree, or both. Honors students can attend resume workshops and participate in information sessions about transfer institutions and scholarships.
Obligations of an Honors Academy Scholar
Students admitted to the Honors Academy are responsible for:
- Meeting with the Honors Program/Academy Coordinator within two weeks of admission to the academy for academic advising.
- Meeting with the Honors Program/Academy Coordinator each semester to discuss and review the timetable for completion of an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree.
- Completing a minimum of seven honors courses, three of which may be honors contracts, and at least one must be an Honors Colloquium.
- Maintaining a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5.
- Performing 15 hours of approved community service and leadership each semester.
- Attending school full-time (minimum of 12 credits).
Applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from teachers, a 500-word essay, a resume that includes activities, an academic transcript, and complete an interview with the Honors Academy coordinator.
The application form must be submitted via email by 4:30 p.m. on June 1, 2024, in order to be considered for the Honors Academy in the spring semester.