To conduct business with Prince George's Community College, you will need to work with the Office of Procurement. Get started by learning what we do and how to engage with us.
Mission and Organization
The Office of Procurement supports the educational goals of Prince George’s Community College by acquiring goods and services through a centralized purchasing program that serves all departments of the college.
The Office of Procurement is responsible for acquiring quality goods and services in accordance with the responsibility and authority delegated by the board of trustees and the president, and consistent with procurement laws, regulations, and college policy.
The functions of the Office of Procurement include the following:
- Coordinate purchases of all goods and services for all college departments.
- Maintain vendor records and relationships.
- Arrange product demonstrations and refer information about new or improved products to departments using these products.
- Provide assistance and recommendations to college departments.
- Monitor procurement procedures.
- Provide training.
- Evaluate bids and proposals, negotiate, recommend contract award, and monitor status of award.
- Sponsor and/or attend community outreach activities to encourage active participation in the college’s procurement process.
Register in Advance
Before attending a procurement event at PGCC, potential contractors and vendors must register in two places:
Requests for Bids
If you have questions about our processes, ask and we’ll be sure to get right back to you.
Office of Procurement
Kent Hall, Room 264