Do you want to become a registered income tax preparer in Maryland? Are you interested in saving money by preparing your family’s taxes?
According to O*NET OnLine from the U.S. Department of Labor, tax preparers perform a wide range of duties for their customers. Their duties include:
- Interviewing clients to obtain additional information on taxable income, deductible expenses, and allowances.
- Preparing or assisting in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Computing taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and completing entries on forms while following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Consulting tax law handbooks or bulletins to determine procedures for preparing atypical returns.
- Answering questions and providing future tax planning to clients.
- Reviewing financial records, such as income statements and documentation of expenditures, to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Explaining federal and state tax laws to individuals and companies.
Contact us today for more information!
FIN-367: Registered Tax Preparer
Date: October 7 - November 18, 2023
- Course Code: FIN 367.
- Course Number: 03627.
- Day: Saturday.
- Time: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Location: Largo Campus.
- Contact Hours: 28.
- Cost: $275.
How to Register
- View the latest Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
- See the index for the course(s) you are interested in.
- Note the class schedule, dates, times, and cost.
- Follow the registration directions on the inside front cover of the schedule.
The Business Studies Department offers related courses for college credit.
Visit Owl Link to see our course options online.
- Choose question