Quality training for over 35 years! Our Class-M license program is designed for beginner or experienced riders. Instructors are trained and certified by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Successful motorcycling is not just a matter of being careful and having good instincts; it requires specialized knowledge, skills, techniques, and strategies. If you have never ridden, are self-taught, or have learned from friends, you will benefit from our professional training.
Note: It is an MVA requirement that all students must complete an online Motorcycle Safety Foundation course as part of the licensing program. Information about the online course will be given on the first day of class.
A valid email address is required in order to register for this course.
Courses consist of both classroom and range (on-motorcycle) sessions. A training motorcycle will be reserved for your use when you register for the Basic Rider Course (BRC) or Basic Rider Course 2-LW (BRC2-LW). Students must come to the range sessions prepared to ride by wearing a long-sleeve shirt or jacket, long pants, sturdy low-heeled shoes or boots that cover the ankle-bone, full-fingered leather or other good-grip gloves, a Department of Transportation (DOT)-certified helmet that completely covers the ears, and eye protection (face shield, goggles, or even ordinary spectacles or sunglasses). Classes are held ride rain or shine. Saturday and Sunday students should bring a snack or bag lunch.
Class M Licensing
Students who are currently licensed in Maryland (with a Class-C license) and successfully complete the BRC or BRC2-LW courses will receive a Maryland MVA Certificate of Completion. This certificate must be presented to any full-service MVA (in addition to a vision exam and paying a licensing fee) to receive your Class-M (motorcycle) license endorsement. This endorsement is required if you wish to ride motorcycles on public roads legally.
Out-of-state residents will only receive a Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program completion card. They should check with their hometown MVA to see if this card will be accepted for licensing.
Students who successfully complete the BRC or BRC2-LW course will receive a Maryland Motorcycle Safety Program completion card. You should present this card to your insurance company for possible premium discounts.
To complete the program successfully, participants must:
- Complete a Motorcycle Safety Foundation online course (information will be provided on the first day of class).
- Provide a valid email address at registration.
- Present a state-issued photo identification to the instructor.
- Report to all classes on time. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the program without a refund.
- If under the age of 18, must have completed a 36-hour driver education course (see SKB-600). Parental permission may be required.
Per the College's policy, no refunds are issued after a class starts. Those counseled out of the class who wish to retake it may do so at a reduced fee.
- Please click here to purchase the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic RiderCourse Rider Handbook (MSF Learning) [Print Replica] Kindle Edition for $2.99.
- OCC-361 Basic Rider Course (BRC)
- OCC-584 Basic Rider Course 2-LW
NEW COURSES FOR SPRING 2024
- MOT-304 Basic Rider Course for Women
- MOT-315 Introduction to Motorcycle Riding
- MOT-316 Basic Scooter Course
- Choose question