We will help you turn your military experience into college credit, make the most of your benefits, and feel comfortable while attending Prince George’s Community College.

Follow These Steps

For All Veteran Applicants

  1. Submit an application for admission to Prince George’s Community College.  
  2. After you apply, you will receive an email invitation to log into Owl Link, the College’s web-based computer system. The email will contain instructions to help you log in and become familiar with Owl Link services.

For New Students or First-Time Enrollees

You will be required to take a placement test in Bladen Hall, Room 100. The placement test measures your current level of reading comprehension, English, grammar, and math skills. The test is for placement purposes only, not for admission to the College.

You can get a sample test booklet from Student Assessment Services, Bladen Hall, Room 100.

To complete your certification process for veteran educational benefits, you must complete a Veterans Benefits Request Form and provide the following documents:

  • DD-214
  • Certificate of Eligibility Letter from Veterans Affairs (VA)

All Chapter 35 students must provide their VA file number to obtain assistance.

For Transfer Students

If you have earned previous college credits, see the veteran advisor in Bladen Hall, Room 122, to determine if you need to take the placement test. Have an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) and DD-214 ready for the advisor to review.

The advisor does not officially evaluate your transcript(s) for transferable credits but can help determine the possible classes you may receive credits for and will not need to take. After you meet with the veteran advisor, complete the Request for Evaluation of Credit from Other Institutions.

Have an official copy of all your college and military transcripts sent to Prince George's Community College Records and Registration. Finally, complete your VA Form 22-1995 (veteran) or VA Form 22-5495 (dependent) and submit it with your Veterans Benefits Request Form.

For Supplemental Students

Supplemental students are enrolled in another institution using VA benefits but want to take a class at a second institution. If this describes you, you must provide written approval from the primary institution to take courses at a second institution.

This written approval should indicate the courses you want to take at the second institution. A copy of the written permission must be submitted to the Veterans Services Office along with your Certificate of Eligibility Letter and the Veterans Benefits Request Form to obtain your additional VA benefits.

Receiving Your Benefits

First, you must register for classes. If you use Chapters 30, 35, 1606, and 1607, you are required to pay for your classes first and then request reimbursement from the VA. If you use Chapters 31 and 33, the VA will pay the College for your classes.

To receive benefits, you must complete the Prince George’s Community College Veterans Benefits Request Form every semester.

You can obtain a paper copy from the Veterans Services office on the Largo Campus, Bladen Hall, Room 122, or at one of our sites:

You are required to submit your Veterans Benefits Request Form to the Veterans Services office. Without this form, we cannot certify you for educational benefits with Veterans Affairs.

Student Verification of Enrollment

Everyone receiving Chapters 30, 35, 1606, and 1607 benefits must verify their enrollment each month with the VA Educational Regional office to receive payment for that month. Your enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month using the VA’s Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 877-823-2378. You must be enrolled in an approved educational program and have a current benefit award to use WAVE.

Credit Transfer Policy

Students may be awarded credit for prior educational experiences in which college-level learning may be verified through documentation or assessment. A maximum of 45 credit hours may be transferred for any one associate degree, of which not more than 30 credits may have been earned through nontraditional or noncollegiate sources.

View the PGCC Credit Transfer Policy >

Readmission Policy

Students who have not attended the College for two or more years must apply for readmission. Readmitted students are encouraged to meet with an advisor to determine how the program of interest to them may have changed since their last enrollment.

View the PGCC Readmission Policy >

Federal Direct Student Loans-Cohort Default Rate

Before offering, recommending, signing up, dispersing, or enrolling service members for private student loans, the College will provide service members access to a financial aid coordinator who will make available appropriate loan counseling, including disclosing the College’s student loan Cohort Default Rate (CDR), the percentage of its students who borrow, and how the College’s CDR compares to the national average. The service members will be identified at the point of admission to the College. Once a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is received for a service member, an email notification will be sent to the Service member with the contact information of the assigned financial aid coordinator.

Need Something Else?

We offer several application paths for different types of students at various stages of life.

Click here to find the best application path for you.

Contact Us.

All applicants are welcome to contact the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.

Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.*

Lanham Hall, Room 109
Prince George's Community College
301 Largo Road
Largo, MD 20774

See maps, directions, and parking >