You may be able to put credits earned at another college toward a degree at PGCC, no matter how long ago you took the class.
You may also be able to apply transfer credits from nontraditional sources, such as AP, CLEP, IB, military, or job training.
Steps to Follow
1. Complete and submit the application for admission.
2. Complete and submit a Request for Evaluation of Credit form, which is available from the Office of Records and Registration on the Largo campus or from any of our other sites. This form can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, be sure to send official transcripts from all institutions you previously attended.
In addition to or instead of placement testing:
3. Contact all previous institutions and ask them to send official copies of your transcript(s) directly to the Admissions and Records Office for evaluation. Also ask for official records from other credit sources, such as examinations or military experience.
4. Provide unofficial copies of grade reports or transcripts to the academic adviser assisting with your first semester’s registration if an official evaluation has not yet been completed.
5. After you apply, you will receive an email invitation to join Owl Link, the College’s web-based computer system. The email will contain instructions to help you sign in and become familiar with Owl Link services.
Please note: Transcripts from non-United States colleges must be evaluated by an external evaluation service recognized by the college.
Learn more about our transfer credit policy and submitting your U.S. and international transcripts.