Transferring to Prince George’s Community College is a great option. We'll make sure your credits transfer properly so you can focus on your education. The first step is determining what kind of transfer student you are and following the appropriate steps below.

If You Have Credits from Another College or Non-Traditional Source

You may be able to put credits earned at another college toward a degree at PGCC, no matter how long ago you took the class.

You may also be able to apply transfer credits from nontraditional sources, such as AP, CLEP, IB, military, or job training.

Steps to Follow

1. Complete and submit the application for admission.

2. Complete and submit a Request for Evaluation of Credit form, which is available from the Office of Records and Registration on the Largo campus or from any of our other sites. This form can be emailed to Additionally, be sure to send official transcripts from all institutions you previously attended.

In addition to or instead of placement testing:

3. Contact all previous institutions and ask them to send official copies of your transcript(s) directly to the Admissions and Records Office for evaluation. Also ask for official records from other credit sources, such as examinations or military experience.

4. Provide unofficial copies of grade reports or transcripts to the academic adviser assisting with your first semester’s registration if an official evaluation has not yet been completed.

5. After you apply, you will receive an email invitation to join Owl Link, the College’s web-based computer system. The email will contain instructions to help you sign in and become familiar with Owl Link services.

Please note: Transcripts from non-United States colleges must be evaluated by an external evaluation service recognized by the college.

Learn more about our transfer credit policy and submitting your U.S. and international transcripts.

If You Have a Prior Degree

If you have already earned an associate degree (or higher) from an accredited United States college or university, you are exempt from placement testing. You are also able to enroll in a variety of courses without needing to present proof that you’ve completed course prerequisites.


  • You assume full responsibility for having the background skills and knowledge required for success in the course.
  • You may not use a prerequisite exemption later as grounds to get an exceptional refund or challenge a grade.
  • Prince George's Community College reserves the right to limit the number of courses in which you may enroll using this exemption.

Steps to Follow

1. Complete and submit the application for admission. Be sure to identify yourself as the holder of a prior degree on the application.

2. Contact all previously attended institutions to have official transcripts sent to PGCC for evaluation if you plan to earn a degree here and those courses would contribute to that degree.

3. Complete a Request for Evaluation of Credit form, which is available from the Admissions and Records transfer office, if you have sent official transcripts to PGCC. Request for Evaluation of Credit

4. After you apply, you will receive an email invitation to join Owl Link, the college’s web-based computer system. The email will include instructions to help you sign in and become familiar with Owl Link services.

If You Already Have Credits from a Four-Year College

An in-demand associate degree can make you more marketable. Credits earned at a four-year institution may be reverse transferred to PGCC, counting toward both your associate and bachelor degrees.

Steps to Follow

1. Ensure you:

Meet all PGCC degree requirements.

  • Have completed at least 15 college-level credits at PGCC.
  • Have a 2.0 cumulative GPA at PGCC and be in good academic and financial standing.

2. Send PGCC your official college transcripts.

We will review all your college coursework and see how it applies toward an associate degree.

Our reverse transfer credit partners include:

  • Bowie State University
  • University of Maryland University College
  • University of Maryland College Park
  • University of Maryland Baltimore County
  • Salisbury State University
  • Towson State University

If your transfer institution is not listed here, you may still review the requirements for an associate degree and forward your transcript(s) to us for consideration.

Questions About the Reverse Transfer Process?

All applicants are welcome to reach out to us.

The Office of Records and Registration

Contact Us

All applicants are welcome to reach out to us.

The Office of Records and Registration
Monday–Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Bladen Hall, Room 125