The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The application may be completed electronically at studentaid.gov. Follow the steps and instructions on the website. Be sure to create an FSA ID, which is a username and password that must be used to log in to most U.S. Department of Education websites.Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information, and it allows you to electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents.
The FAFSA must be completed once each academic year in which financial aid is requested. In addition to completing the FAFSA, the student (and his or her parents, if dependent) may be required to provide additional information to verify their eligibility to receive financial aid. The additional information may include copies of student, parent, and/or spouse tax return transcripts; proof of citizenship or high school graduation; and any other documents needed to ensure that the student meets all eligibility requirements.
Financial Aid Application Deadlines
Students who want to be assured that their paperwork will be processed in a timely way during a given semester must have all applications and required documents on file in the Student Financial Aid Office by the following priority deadlines:
- March 1 - To apply for financial aid and to be considered for Maryland State Scholarships (Maryland residents only);
- April 1 - For financial aid needed by the beginning of the fall semester;
- November 1 - For financial aid needed in time for the spring semester. Students whose complete paperwork fails to reach the Financial Aid Office by the priority deadlines should be prepared to pay tuition and fees themselves. Such payments may later be reimbursed once eligibility for aid has been determined and aid has been authorized.
Steps to Apply
These steps must be followed every year to apply for financial aid:
1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- PGCC School Code: 002089
- Get your FSA ID
2. Provide requested documentation, if required.