1. Obtain a Certification for Tuition Waiver form from the Office of Records and Registration (Bladen 126) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking here: Tuition Waiver for Students With Disabilities
2. Take the waiver form to the Social Security Administration office that serves your area or, if appropriate, to the Railroad Retirement Board or the federal agency from which you retired due to disability. The Social Security Administration (or Railroad Retirement Board or former federal employer) will sign and certify that the individual is receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) payments and is permanently disabled. Alternatively, students may submit their Social Security Benefits Verification Letter, which may be obtained online from the Social Security Administration and confirms the receipt of benefits.
3. If you are a credit student, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
4. Complete all applicable portions of the Certification for Tuition Waiver form.
5. Submit the Certification for Tuition Waiver form, a copy of the Social Security Benefits Verification Letter (if the form is not certified by the Social Security Administration), and proof of completion of the FAFSA, such as an email confirmation (if applicable) to the Office of Records and Registration. All documents may be emailed to email@example.com or submitted in person in Bladen 126.