Prince George’s Community College (PGCC) seeks to empower all individuals by providing accessible admissions or advising needs for special populations. There are a few student populations that may have specialized admissions or advising needs.  Members of our special populations usually fall into one of these categories listed below.

Active-Duty Military, Veterans, and their Dependents 

Veterans looking to apply to the college must review enrollment steps.

The Veterans Services Office assists students in applying for military educational benefits. The office also helps with tutoring and academic and career counseling.   

High School and Home-Schooled Students 

High school juniors and seniors (or the home-school equivalent) may be eligible to take credit classes at Prince George’s Community College through several programs including Dual Enrollment, Concurrent Enrollment, Early Middle College, Upward Bound, and many more.  

All dual enrollment students must meet admission, placement, and course prerequisite requirements. To view details regarding the various programs, as well as their admission and placement requirements, please click here.

International Students

International students holding F-1, J-1, or H-4 visas and asylees can make important decisions about their academic and future career plans.  

Special Note: If you are a transferring international student, you are required to have your current institution complete the F-1 Transfer Clearance Form

How Advisors can help International Students

Advisors can help International Students with:

  • Understanding placement test information and interpretation. 
  • Registering for English as a Second Language (ESL) classes if required. 
  • Determining a pathway with a program of study and the graduation requirements. 
  • Creating an academic plan. 
  • Making program of study changes (i.e., changing your major).

If you have further questions regarding international advising, please contact

Steps to Getting Started

For the most part, you will follow the application process for new students or transfer students.

You will also need to present proof of immigration status before your first registration. This will help determine your entitlement to in-county status for tuition purposes.

  1. Apply
    Apply for admission as a degree-seeking student using the  International F-1 Student Application. There is a $50 application fee.
    Deadlines for admission for F-1 students:

    Fall Semester Admission

    Spring Semester Admission

    May 1

    October 1

  2. Submit Documents
    Provide previous school transcript(s) and financial certification forms by the application deadline. Transcripts from colleges outside the U.S. must be submitted to a Transfer Evaluation Process for Non U.S Coursework for translation and transfer credit recommendations. For further information, review International Transcript Evaluation Policies and Procedures.
  3. Submit TOEFL Results
    Submit Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) results to the college using the school code 5545
  4. Meet with the International Student Designated School Official (DSO)
    The DSO can answer questions about non-academic matters such as obtaining a driver’s license, applying for a Social Security card, opening a bank account, applying for work authorization, and immigration regulations. Meet with the DSO before you register each semester.

Phone: 301-546-0804 

Students Age 60 and Over 

Maryland residents age 60 and over are eligible for free tuition to credit academic courses that can lead to a degree. However, students must pay a one-time application fee of $25, a registration fee of $25 each semester, the cost of any required textbooks, and any special lab, music, or supply costs. 

Students can also participate in Continuing Education courses to learn new skills such as swimming, computers, art, and music via the Seasoned Adults Growing Educationally (SAGE) Program. Click here to learn more about senior programs and their benefits.

Visiting College Students

Every semester, students from four-year colleges and universities attend PGCC to take a class that is not offered at their own institution, accelerate their studies, or retake a difficult class.  

Make sure you have approval from your home institution to take courses at Prince George's Community College that will transfer back to fulfill their requirements.

Academic and Career Advisors cannot provide advisement on course selection as it relates to the home institution's degree requirements. 

Required Steps for Visiting Students

Visiting students must complete the following steps:

  1. Apply to Prince George's Community College.
  2. Provide official permission or documentation to enroll from your home institution. 
  3. Obtain a copy of your unofficial college transcripts from all institutions. Ensure the unofficial college transcript shows completed prerequisites for the PGCC courses you want to take. If you do not have proof of college courses taken (i.e., transcripts), visiting students must take a placement test for course placement.
  4. Know your Owl Link username, password, and student ID.
  5. Have a photo ID available (i.e., driver's license, state ID, or student ID).
  6. Email an Academic and Career Advisor at to discuss course registration and prerequisites with your unofficial transcript.