Transition ESOL classes are continuing education (non-credit) classes for individuals who have a good foundation in the English language and want to improve their speaking, listening, reading, writing and/or pronunciation and fluency skills. This program is also for individuals who want to prepare for Academic ESL classes (credit classes), or who are currently enrolled in Academic ESL classes and need additional support.
Transition ESL is for you if:
- You are an intermediate, high intermediate, or advanced-level English Language Learner.
- You want to improve your English for life or work.
- You want to prepare for enrollment at the College.
- You want to prepare for the TOEFL iBT.
- You took the Accuplacer ESL test and were placed into Transition ESOL.
- You are an au pair.
- You want to join fun, engaging, and effective ESOL classes.
These Courses Offer:
- Instruction in grammar, vocabulary, reading, and writing skills.
- A focus on listening, speaking, academic vocabulary, classroom communication, and American English pronunciation.
- Preparation for PGCC's English placement test, the Accuplacer ESL Test.
- Preparation for the TOEFL iBT test.
- Preparation for the U.S. citizenship test.
Courses Are Available:
- Mornings from 9:30–12:30 p.m., evenings from 6:30–9:30 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
- Online and in-person.
- At University Town Center in Hyattsville.
- At PGCC's main campus in Largo.
Transition ESOL Fall 2023 Information:
Click here to view more ESL programs and options at PGCC.