The Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund (CCCPDF) is a federal grant awarded through the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) to Prince George’s Community College to pay for tuition, books, and fees of degree seeking child care providers.
All applicants must have at least one year of experience in childcare, be credentialed with MSDE, and be majoring in one of the following:
- Early Childhood Development A.A.S.
- Early Childhood Education A.A.T.
- Elementary Education/Special Education A.A.T.
- Participate in the Maryland Child Care Credential Program at Level Two or higher
- Work in a licensed child care center or be a registered family child care provider in Maryland and work at least 10 hours per week
- Fulfill entrance requirements at the participating college of your choice
- Have at least one year of documented experience working with groups of children in an approved setting
- Maintain employment in child care in Maryland while participating in the Program
- Participate in professional development
- Agree to complete the child care service requirement in Maryland for at least 10 hours per week after completion of the degree and/or withdrawal from the fund
- Maintain at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA from the point of first entering the program (Continuation Applicants only)
- Complete at least two courses per year
How to Apply
Students are required to apply annually for the grant.
First-time applications are due by March 1. Continuation applications are due by June 30.
All students must contact the Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund coordinator at email@example.com.